Image Map

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Breaking Gates of Bronze and Bars of Iron


Psalm 107: 3-7 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, he saved them from their distress. He brought them out of darkness and deepest gloom and broke away their chains. Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and wonderful deeds for men, for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron.

I like the picture of God breaking through gates of bronze and bars of iron. I can't do anything like that. It would be foolish to try. I have no idea how to even start. That's similar to how I have felt many times as I've wanted to help my son. The hurdles just seem so big. Where do I begin?  Early on in the journey of autism, I prayed that God would bring us out of the darkness I felt and the confusion I had. I didn't know how to help my child. It seemed bigger than I could handle as I watched the autistic repetitive behaviors. I had no idea what was going on, how, why my little boy was doing these things. I was overwhelmed.

God began answering my prayer. I began to have a little bit of a clue into this world of autism. God is still helping me to understand more and find new ways to help. Thankfully I have seen many answers to prayer but look forward to even more as I seek to trust him.