Image Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

You Can Do It!

I often have felt, "I don't think I can do this."  Well, at this point I have to say, "I guess I could." After 18 years I'm still standing.   My son has made so much progress through the years and my girls are grown and doing great.  My husband and I are having a wonderful time doing lots together at this stage of life.

 What's the most important thing to make it?  I believe those early days of difficulty pushed me to seek God as I never had. I did research, talked to professionals, went to seminars, read books, journaled and probably a whole lot more.  God led me to all those resources to better equip me as a mom.  He had already equipped me.  I had his Holy Spirit living within to guide me each and everyday.  He also had allowed me to become a mom and had equiped me for that task.

  God gives each mom abilities to  fulfill the role as a mother.  Remember the mom and dad are the experts of their child.  Over time parents figure out a lot of things as they go through the "dailies."  God helps families develop skills managing the needs of all their children including those that have learning differences.

Be encouraged!