Image Map

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Being a Builder


Today’s verse is  1 Chronicles 28:20. Be strong & courageous and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for the the Lord God, My God, He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the temple of the Lord is finished correctly.
 
This verse is about the building of the temple in the Old Testament. Though, we are not building a temple for the Lord, God has called each parent to build into the child(ren) he has entrusted to  him. When I read this verse many years ago shortly after we had received the diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome for our son, this verse really caught my attention.   I was motivated by Solomon's task of building the temple. This was the encouragement I needed to take on the study of Autism (Asperger's Syndrome) as a huge part of my life work. I knew nothing about this world of autism, I mean NOTHING!  God has given me strength and focus to do the hard work of learning everything I possibly could in order to help my son.

 God Bless you as you work hard to help your child..