Keeping Your Child Safe
As I think about safety with children diagnosed with learning differences a lot of things come to mind. Today I will just outline some to these. In coming weeks, we will explore some of these.
areas. As a family, we had experienced some of these but not all. I will be interested to hear about others experiences. Some of the areas we will cover are:
1. Physical Safety: At home, at school and in the community.
2. Internet Safety: Viewing material that is appropriate and connecting with people that he knows and staying safe from those who might cause him harm.
3. Bullying or other social harm.
4. Medical safety. This could be illegal substances, drugs, or reactions to drug or food allergies.
5. Potential Harm that these individuals are more vulnerable.
There are so many things that we have to be the protectors of for children with learning differences. It’s important that we as parents are prepared and that we prepare our children for these areas of life.