Image Map

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

God says, "I Will Give You Rest."

The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Exodus 33:14

It is comforting to think about the Lord’s presence going with me.  It’s even more encouraging that God gives us more (if that wasn’t enough).  He gives rest.  What does that mean?  It means a number of different things.  

The Lord grants sleep. “ When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.”

The Lord allows a release from weariness.  This can be physical, emotional and mental.  “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”Matthew 11:27-29

As the holiday season is just around the corner, these are important things to keep in fore front of our minds.  As the exhaustion comes, call upon the Lord for him to give you sweet sleep and the rest that only He can give.