Image Map

Monday, December 16, 2013

Advocating: Take a Vacation Day

Everyone needs a break!  Any mother knows there is no break in the month of December.  There are more things to do than anyone could ever accomplish!  That’s why I want to encourage you to take a break today from being the super mom (even if you don’t think you are) that you are.  

It will not cause irreversible harm for children to watch a “little more tv.” That goes for electronic devices.  Think of it as a well deserved break so you can get a few things done.  It won’t be a break like a spa visit but in other ways it’s a  bit of a vacation.  It may help your children relax. Remember, this is a stressful month for everyone.  

Can you imagine what a special day this will be for your family.  Let them have their favorite meal for dinner.  This reminds me of a time when I was gone, my husband was in charge of dinner.  This is a rare occurrence at the Stieff home! The menu consisted of baking a frozen pizza , apple sauce and popcorn.  It would not of been my choice but my son said, “Dad, this is a dream come true.”  Give your children “a dream come true” day!