Image Map

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Read Through the Bible

I just thought I would let everyone reading know that I am starting a read through the Bible plan.  I haven’t read through the Bible for a few years now and it seems like it’s time to do it again.  As a Christian, I grow many different ways.  One way I have seen God use in my life is reading Scripture as a narrative.  As a special needs mom, I’ve often dealt with reading comprehension or lack thereof.  Well, it’s the same thing here.  I may not have the deficits many children with disabilities have, but I don’t comprehend if I don’t read full passages.  

I’m letting my readers know so they can keep me accountable, at least, in a cyberspace way.  I have read through the Bible several times in the best.  At least I’ve attempted.  Sure, I miss days.  Sometimes I skip a month because I get so far behind.  All I know is that I read a lot more of the Bible than I would otherwise when I do a through the Bible reading plan.  

I have always used a 1 year type Bible in the past.  I’m breaking tradition this year.  I’ve signed up for a reading plan through www.bible.com.  You must sign in with a password to access the reading plan.  It only takes a couple of minutes.  There are a multitude of Bible reading plans.  You can get an app for your phone, tablet or computer.  It’s so easy!  

It’s not too late to start.  Give it a try.