Image Map

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Technology Free Zone?

Have you ever wanted to ditch all the technology in your home?  I know I have especially when the other members of my family aren't listening because they are absorbed in technology. My son told me recently that he always responds to what I say to him.  As you can imagine, the banter began between he and I.  My husband got involved and it was fun and friendly with a bit of intensity.  Finally, my son admitted he sometimes doesn't pay attention to me if he has something he's more interested in.  In his case, that interesting thing usually involves technology.

Yes, I'm frustrated with others use of technology but what about myself.  You see, I can be very "engaged" with my phone, laptop or IPad.  It doesn't end there.  You see, there is always something interesting on pinterest, facebook,twitter, websites and the list goes on and on.  I am just as guilty as the next person.  As a mom, I often think if I could just get rid of video games but someone else may be thinking mom never talks with me because she loves pinterest so much.  It's all a matter of perspective.  I need to make sure I'm not doing the very thing I bemoan in others.