Image Map

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Patience Takes Time

Patience!  Do you view yourself as a patient person?  I used to think I was and then I found out ,”No Way am I a Patient Person.”  How did I have that aha moment?  Well, autism showed up at my house and I had to exercise patience with my son in ways I had never done before.  There is a saying in the autism community, “Half as much done in twice the amount of time.”  Can you relate?  I bet you do.  

I’ve heard the phrase, “He has the patience of Job.”  I know the “star”  of the book of Job did had a lot of patience but today I want to look at the giver of patience his example:   our Lord   Let me set the stage for you in the book of Judges.  God desires that Gideon lead the Israelites in battle against the Midianites.  Gideon is scared so God reaches out to him in great patience to help “bring him along.”  God could of just said, “obey Gideon.”  God chooses this slower road to help Gideon trust God and know God will be with him.  God exercises patience.  
9 During that night the Lord said to Gideon, “Get up, go down against the camp, because I am going to give it into your hands. 10 If you are afraid to attack, go down to the camp with your servant Purah 11 and listen to what they are saying. Afterward, you will be encouraged to attack the camp.” So he and Purah his servant went down to the outposts of the camp.   Judges 7:9-11

Yes, God was patient with Gideon showing him I will build you up and bring you along to do what I calling you to do.  That’s how God deals with each and everyone of his children.  Aren’t you glad.  It also gives me an example of how I to parent my children.  I don’t always say, “Do it or else.”  I help encourage and come along side them to enable them to do what seems overwhelming to them.