Image Map

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Teaching the Biblical Story of Easter

As a mother of a child on the autism spectrum, I was always on the lookout for Christian materials that would open up spiritual discussions.  I was encouraged in bible study I attend to teach my children the Easter story by teaching one aspect at a time of the Easter story.  I searched for some materials to help me.  My favorite way to do this was using ARCH Books.  There are so many books on Easter.  They each cover different parts of the story.  I also found they covered different perspectives of people who were there.  This was important because my son didn't pick up some of the things that require higher order thinking.  They can be bought at most Christian bookstores on online from lots of companies that carry books.  

Here is Easter from the perspective of Mary.


Here is an overview of everything that took place during Holy Week.


There were lots of  happenings at the Last Supper.  The above two books will share many of those things.

Next Week we will look at some other areas including the Garden, trial and death of Christ.

These books are only a couple of dollars on most websites so take a look and order some today.  I can almost guarantee that you will use them for many years.