Image Map

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas: 1/2 as Much Done, Twice the Amount of Time

As the Christmas approaches, life gets chaotic unless you are one of those people who had Christmas preparations done in October! For the rest, I have a few tips to make this week a little easier.

1. Do not try to get young children or those with a diagnosed disability to fit into your packed schedule. It rarely ever works out well.

2. Cut out non-essentials. The year I bought pumpkin bread loaves at the grocery and put them in my freezer was a defining moment. Does anyone really care if you have dainty magazine perfect Christmas cookies? At my house, the only one who cared was me! I had to get over it!

3. Get sleep. Christmas is no time to get sick but without sleep it is likely to happen.

4. Ask for help!! Over the years, my husband has taken over wrapping. He is I charge of the Christmas card. I used to buy most of the gifts but with Amazon and online buying, he has taken over much of it. Someone took my son to buy gifts this year.

5. As hard as this might be, give yourself some margins. It takes longer with our children to get less done. Everyone will have a better Christmas if this is practiced.

6. Remember Christ. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!

7. Enjoy your life! It's not about doing this Christmas, It's about being.