Image Map

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Who Likes Change?

Are you like me? Is change uncomfortable? Well, I like to change from non-preferred activities but that's about as far as my desire to change goes. I have been encouraged to think about change the past few weeks. For the past 28 years, my husband and I have had a child living in our home. That is about to change. My youngest is going off to college this fall. This will be a big change. It is exciting in many ways but it will be uncomfortable for everyone. My son, my husband, our other children and myself. There is only one who doesn't change.

 

 

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8


“For I the Lord do not change; " Malachi3:6a


God doesn't change. It is a part of his character. It is an attribute. He is consistent. He does not change. We can depend on him to be the same. It gives us stability and confidence when we know that God does not change. He is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do. We can depend on it.

 

Change is what I am suppose to be about. I am not God so it would be improper for me to try to avoid change. Unfortunately, I try to do this far too often.

 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! II Corinthians 5:17


to be made new in the attitude of your minds. Ephesians 4:23

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. IJohn 3:2-3

We all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit. IICorinthians 3:18

Change is not something to be avoided. It is to be embraced wholeheartedly. My life as a Christian is a life of change. I change from my old way of life to accept the free gift of salvation. I ask God to forgive my sins and I turn to him wholeheartedly. He makes me a new creation. I am adopted into God's forever family. He now is in the process of making me more like Him. I need to be willing to make some dramatic changes as God leads. I am being transformed to reflect my God. Believe me, this is going to require a lot of change. It may not be comfortable but it is what my life needs to be about!