Image Map

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Letting Go

Often, letting go is thought to be what a mom does when she releases a child to a new stage kindergarten, college or marriage. She has to move on and not continue to wish she was still living in an era in the past. Well, that's just one way of defining letting go. Today, let's look at letting go of that perfect life in our dreams.







Remember, a wedding leading to a marriage that was going to be a happily ever after. That probably didn't happen. Meshing two independent individuals into one is no small task. There are conflicts, varied opinions and confusion. That's the best case scenario. Sometimes there are bigger stressors like in-laws, job loss, infertility, financial pressures and health issues. It takes a lot of effort to sustain a marriage. Sometimes, a lot more work than expected. Things did not turn out how you planned.

Parenting is the same. Sweet little children that turned into delightful teenagers. There were not suppose to be any major health concerns. Disabilities were not a part of the plan. Emails from school on a daily basis over behavior issues were not in master plan. There may be questions of why which are unanswered.

The bottom line is a bubble has burst. It's time to let go of the unrealistic pressures you have. Pressure to have an idealized life. It hasn't happened and it's not going to occur. Real life has unfulfilled desires. It isn't perfect, not even close. You may be thinking, this is a bummer! Absolutely! Life is hard but having realistic expectations makes it a lot easier.

I am so happy that my dreams on planet earth have to be re-visioned. I am so glad to know that I have a God who enables me to realign my expectations and let the old ones go. This is when I can see things through a different lens. The lens that God gives and allows me to have his perspective. As I let my dreams go, God enables me to see a great plan: the one he wants to orchestrate in my life.

Letting Go is a very good thing!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad