Image Map

Saturday, July 8, 2017

OK It's Almost Time

Summer time goes so quickly! Here is the trajectory.

1. A couple of weeks for children and parents to adjust and settle into summer.
2. Swim lessons
3. Summer camp
4. Summers sports leagues/camps/2 a day practices
5. Family Vacation
6. Vacation Bible School
7. Summer reading and library visits
8. Go to the pool
9. Camping on the weekends
10. And BACK TO SCHOOL shopping!

My friends who are teachers tell me they need to start preparing for fall after July Fourth. I learned this more last summer than any year in the past. I was getting my son ,who is diagnosed with a disability, prepared to go away from home to college. He was going 6 hours from home so I needed to make sure He had what he needed in his dorm room. I couldn't just drop by and bring him something.

Last summer, I researched, purchased and packed. This summer, I want to figure out exactly what I did and document it. I'll share this with my readers over the next few weeks.

My thought initially was to make my son's room and supplies easily accessible. He would have so many challenges managing all the change and new situations that his room could be a place of Predictability. It worked out well for him.

See you next week as we start the "Off to College" Series.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad