Image Map

Friday, July 12, 2013

Til We Meet Again

I want to share a place I find like-minded friends. Six years ago I signed up to help at a retreat for families affected by special needs.  I served at one of the Joni and Friends Family Retreats.  I’ve returned several times since.  I call it my “once a year” family.  Many of the other volunteers and families who attend have become dear friends.  I spend one week a year with these people but it is a life changing week each time we are together. 

I connect during the year with many of the people through e-mail and facebook. We have the opportunity to pray for members of our Joni & Friends family as e-mails are exchanged throughout the year.  Most of my interaction is during one week in June.  It is a homecoming that I look forward to all year long. 

We are connected through our faith in Christ and our experience in disabilities.  Many of us have a passion to see people come to personal faith in Christ through disability ministry.

"Till we meet again" has real meaning for me.