In love, he
predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his
pleasure and will, Ephesians 1:5
There are so many things
to consider in this verse so I will concentrate on a couple of points.
1.In
love, God acted. It is so important to
remember that God does many things but He is motivated by love. God LOVES you and me! His actions are
motivated by his love for us.
2.Jesus
willingness to go to the cross for my sins secures my salvation. If that was not enough, he also adopts me as
one of his children. I am a member of
God’s family with the benefits that a
family member has. I am a child of the
one true King!
3.
God has done this in accordance to his will.
I’m sure glad that this was his will.
Again, that is so much but the verse tells us more. It is according to his own good
pleasure. It gives God such pleasure to
do this.
All I can say is: this
blows me away. God’s spiritual blessings
continue to be more than I could of ever imagined.