Image Map

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Included in Christ



 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth. Ephesians 1:13a
I just love it when scripture is straight forward and understandable.  Hidden meanings are not easy for me.  I like simple.  Why say, ‘I was overwhelmed with the splendor of the frosted peaks dotted with scotch pine and timber of…….. “      I much prefer, “the mountains were beautiful as I looked at the snow topped peaks with pine trees.”
I don’t have to think very hard about this passage.  One is included in Christ when she hears the word of truth.  I am in Christ’s family after hearing (and receiving).  It would be ludicrous to think that hearing in this case means to hear the words only.  A hearer needs to act on the things heard.  If one does act upon the truth of the Gospel, he is included in God’s forever family.  So simple, but this is an invitation that has to be received and acted on.  God’s invitation to be in Christ is available to anyone who will receive Christ’s finished work on the cross as the only payment for her sin, confess that she is a sinner and turn toward God and away from sin.  Simple, but you must act now!