Image Map

Friday, September 13, 2013

No clone wars, please!



I use to say to my children,” why couldn’t one of you be compliant?”  The Stieff children always had a spark to their personalities.  My son, would speak up and say, “compliant children are boring.”
Though, my children, all had a spark, none of them were similar.  I often said, “They are like 3 points on a triangle.”   Each of them were very different from one another.  That said, they are fiercely loyal to each other.  No clones here.
My husband and I are both outgoing and that’s about where the similarities end.  We were told, early in our marriage, “Don’t try to make each other the same.  If you are carbon copies, one of you is unnecessary”.  Boring, is another adjective that would explain two clones of each. 
Try to embrace differences in others.  Resist the temptation to try to make others be like you.  Remember the words:  boring and unnecessary!