Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Lord Gives Rest on Every Side


I looked over some notes I made several years ago and came across a scripture and my personal reflections on it. The scripture was quite short in length but it was packed with a lot of emotion and experiences. Let me share it. Joshua 21:43. "And the Lord gave them rest on every side."

 Let me give you the backdrop of what was going on in our lives. It was May of my son's second grade year. He had been formally diagnosed in February that year.  At school, he had between 10-20 meltdowns a day (some small, some not so small). I was exhausted trying to help make school work for him. He didn't get much done at school so I basically homeschooled him after school. I was really tired of the whole thing.

I didn't think I could face another day of school at the end of that year. Though this verse, referred to the Israelites going into the promise land and having a time of not fighting any battles with other lands. I wanted the kind of rest God promised the Isaraelites in this verse. I asked God for a respite from school for the summer. I felt like I needed to rest so I would be able to "go for it " when school started in August.

Sometimes, a little rest from the "dailies" does a great deal of good.