Image Map

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bible Reading 101: The Affects of Sin

Well, I'm several days into the new year and I haven't given up reading through the Bible yet.  What am I finding as I read.  Well, I'm finding out a lot here are a few insights.

Sin has it's physical effects on a person.  In the early days of God's creation, people lived well over 500 years.  As the effects of sin took root on the earth, the amount of years people lived decreased dramatically.  It represents a few generations but in less than 2 weeks worth of reading, people are living less than 200 years.  I have to be aware of what sin does to me.  Often, I don't think it affects me but it does.  It affected the early generations recorded in the book of Genesis severely.  Within a few generations, the world was so given over to sin that God saved only one family and a remnant of the animals he created.  Noah and his family were saved because of their obedience to follow God's instructions to build the ark and gather the supplies and animals as they were told.

God rewards obedience to his commands.  Trust is about taking God at his word even when it doesn't make sense to us from a human perspective.  Noah and his family are great examples to me in this.

Keep trusting in the God who loves you!