Image Map

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Miracles Come When Least Expected

 

God does not operate on my timetable. Has anyone else experienced this? Look at Abraham and Sarah. Infertility for years and finally when a baby could only be attributed to God, Isaac is born. Not that they hadn't tried to take it in their own hands with Hagar. Abraham and Sarah learned the hard way that doing it God's way and staying out of his way is the only way! Life gets muddled when a person tries to take things into her own hands that belong to God.

How often do I cry out to God and tell him what I want him to do. He doesn't need me to tell him what to do. My response should be I desire this answer but YOUR WILL BE DONE! You see, He is God, the creator and sustainer of life! Do I hear an amen? I often forget the words of Isaiah 55:8-9

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.

I saw this clearly this week. I had been praying for a girl that I have worked with over the last year. Her kidney function was decreasing. I saw how hard this was on her family. I saw that so much had to be put on hold including many things that I was doing with her in tutoring. I prayed. I asked others to pray and they did. The road this family had ahead of them was going to be very difficult but it looked like that was God's will and He was calling us all to accept it. But just at a time when it could only be attributed to God, He chose to act and show his power. It looks to be a miraculous healing that only can be attributed to Him. God's power is shown to all those who know this little girl including the doctors.

God's timing is perfect now, in the past and in the future. I am reminded of God's perfect timing in providing a savior.

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Romans 5:6

God has a right time for everything!