Image Map

Friday, April 26, 2013

Recharge Spiritually


Today let's talk about how to keep the spiritual fire alive and well in our lives.  Here are a few things I've found helpful.

1.Find a way to spend time in prayer and Bible Reading everyday.  Currently I’m using a devotional Jesus Calling.  I’ve used lots of different devotionals, Bible study questions and the 1 year Bible.

2.I listen to a Christian Radio station when I’m in the car. As a mom, I’m in the car a lot so this is another way I keep Jesus at the forefront of my mind all day long.

3.I try to participate in at least one Bible Study per year.  I try to carve out that time and keep all appointments at other times.  I have done Bible Study Fellowship and many different studies.  In recent years I’ve done a study authored by Beth Moore every year.

4.I also try to get away for a weekend Christian conference or retreat once a year.  When my children were younger we would go to a Christian camp that had a week of activities for the entire family.  My husband and I would go to hear Bible teaching while our children went their programing. I would highly recommend Joni & Friends Family  Retreat for families dealing with disabilities if you are looking for a Family Camp experience.

5.I don’t want to forget to encourage you to go to church each week.

I’d love to hear other ways you recharge spiritually.