Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Sometimes Letting Go Isn't Your Idea!

When it comes to letting go in the advocating process, it's so individual.  I will tell you that I began letting go because I had no choice.  I was worn out between advocating for my son at school and church, taking him to therapies and running a home therapy program.  Then there were the three other people in our family.  One of my daughters had some health difficulties with many appointments.  Both of my daughters were adolescents and were busy with school and church. I had responsibilities caring for my family.  My husband was a busy pastor and I  kept up with his schedule and activities at the church.
 
I developed some serious health problems that year.  I couldn’t be at school volunteering, meeting with teachers and attending special events.  I was in bed much of the time during that year.  I had to let go. My son had been on track with interventions for a couple of years.  I didn't want to let go but I had no choice. Sometimes that’s how God orchestrates life.  Everyone survived without me hanging around school so much!