Image Map

Friday, May 31, 2013

Peace, Are you kidding?

I often feel like this?  Life is chaotic sometimes.  There are days I have just wanted to scream.  There are other times I have wanted to run away.  Many times I would ask my husband if I could resign.  He usually said, “yes, for a few hours.  Get out of here and go take a break and I’ll see you tonight!”

It’s amazing how quick the relaxation and peace can overtake you when you get some relief from a stressful situation.  I know I need to have a sense of peace in the midst of a storm.  Motherhood, especially with children that have learning differences, can seem like a daily storm.  I have to pray for that peace when I’m in the storm.  Jesus tells us in his Word that in this world there will be troubles.  I have learned to expect difficulties.  I use to expect everything to go perfect and got very frustrated when it didn’t.  The normal thing in this life is troubles.  That has helped me so much “not to lose the peace.” 

Breaks will help, extra help—send in the reinforcements are great. I’ve found that when I expect trouble to be a part of life, I’m not so caught off guard when it comes.