Image Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

God's Chosen People Bear Love and Fruit


You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you
ask in my name the Father will give you.  This is my command: Love each other.” John 15:16-17

It is always important to see things from God’s perspective. It helps me see that my perspective is so small and tainted by the sin in the world. 

I can’t ever think that I've chosen God.  God chose me.  I grew up in a world that is full of sin.  I have a sin nature that led me.  I would not have chosen God on my own.  Thankfully, God chose me and Jesus made a way through his sacrifice on the Cross for me to have a restored relationship with God.  Long ago, Adam and Eve had a relationship with God but it was broken as a result of their sin.  Each person has lived with the effects of this broken relationship.  But through Jesus, it can be restored. 

With this restoration, there is a plan for those who trust in Christ for salvation.  The plan is that each one should bear fruit or show the change that God has done, in and through her. One way the believer bears fruit is through loving others in a way that only can happen through the love of Christ.  As each one is transformed so are her thoughts and desires.  These thoughts and desires translate into things the believer prays.  The prayer that is prayed within God’s will shall be answered.

There are so many great truths in John 15 but above all else, love each other.