Image Map

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Am a Friend of God's!

“You are my friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”  John 15:14-15

Jesus calls those who follow Him, which includes obeying him, Friends. As his followers, we are a friend of God’s.  Wow!  Does that just blow you away? As believers in Christ, we are called Friends.  Jesus goes on to say that we aren’t servants but friends.  We are insiders….part of the family. We are allowed to know God and involved in His work.  That’s what being a friend of God is about. 

Just think, we are included not only in God’s family but are a part of his business or his work.  It is an honor that believers are given to be a friend of God’s as well as used by God in His Work!