Image Map

Friday, June 7, 2013

Perspective: A Key to Rejoicing

Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice.  How can I do this day after day?  How can I do this in difficulties?  What about when I’ve had it and am discouraged?  Well, one way that helps, is to keep everything in perspective.  What do I mean by that?

The Bible tells us in the book of John that in this world there is going to be trouble.  Expect it.  This is keeping things in perspective:  God’s perspective.  He’s already informed us so we need to believe it.  We won’t be caught off guard and we’ll be able to see it as part of God’s big picture.  It is so much easier to rejoice when I relize it’s all a part of God’s master plan for my good and His glory. 

This passage doesn’t end with the trouble but tells us that God has overcome it.  That is definitely a reason to rejoice!