Image Map

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Words #4 Proverbs 31:26

Proverbs 31:26
She speaks with wisdom,
   and faithful instruction is on her tongue

This proverb is simple to read.  It’s simple to understand.  It’s not so easy to do.  There are some prerequisites to following this verse.  

She speaks with wisdom.  It’s impossible to speak with wisdom without being a wise person.  I can’t impart anything I don’t possess.  I need to seek wisdom.  What is wisdom?  It’s understanding and walking in God’s truth and His ways.  I need to know the Word of God to walk in it.  I need to get the Word into my being anyway I can.  I need to read it daily.  I need to hear it.  I usually hear through the weekly preaching at my church.  I need to memorize, study and meditate on it.  I need lots of intake or I miss it.   I need to act on it.  In the book of James, it tells me to pray for wisdom and God will give it.  I can’t forget this.

As I grow in wisdom and knowledge of God’s word, the instruction I give will be faithful.  Again, what’s faithful instruction?  It’s using words to express God’s faithfulness that he shows us His Word.  It is through walking with Christ we have seen him work and can share how he is faithful and true in all his ways.  Also, it includes speech that is in line or faithful to scripture.  

I’ve not arrived yet.  It is a goal that I need help from God to follow this command.