Image Map

Friday, June 14, 2013

God Prooves Himself Faithful, Over and Over


Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalms 30:5

This verse was very significant in my life about 20 years ago.  My husband and I began to look at our busy life raising two preschool age daughters.  My husband was a busy pastor of a growing church.  Our life was full and very good.  We looked at our age and thought “if we ever are going to have another child, it should be soon.”  As we prayed and decided that was something we would like to experience, it seemed like I wasn’t having a easy time getting pregnant this time around.

Little did I know, I was pregnant but wasn’t having the usual morning sickness.  At about the three month mark, I had a miscarriage.  I figured out I was pregnant during the miscarriage.

Oh, I can’t tell you how great the grief was.  It was intense.  I can remember it even this many years later.  As I turned to the Lord and His word, God led me to the above scripture.  I held tight to Psalms 30:5.  I had to take God’s Word by faith.  It was a faith that God was developing within me.  God had proven Himself to be a faithful God and true to His Word so many times in my life.  I had to trust that this would be the case this time.  I am here to tell anyone who will listen.  It was true.  There was that “weeping in the dark experience.”  When it was over the grief had been cried out of me.  He gave me a heart to rejoice in Him and in our circumstances.  God allowed me to become pregnant again.  Our son was  born about a year after the miscarriage.  God is faithful….over and over again.