Whenever a problem comes
up, it gives me an opportunity to grow.
That’s what happened to me. My
son was the third child. He developed
socially and emotionally at a slower pace than his sisters. There were times that some settings
required more emotional regulation abilities than he had. There were meltdowns in many settings but the
ones at church were very difficult for me.
If I was honest back then, I would of admitted that these meltdowns were
even harder on our son.
Over a few years, God
gently showed me that I needed to love my children unconditionally. God graciously used my son and his delayed
development in the area of his emotional regulation to teach me to love without
conditions. He wasn’t able to meet all
my conditions so I had to get rid of those and love unconditionally. I know this made me love my whole family
differently.
Living with learning
differences helped me to love more like Christ wanted. I certainly have not learned to do this perfectly
but I am striving to grow in loving unconditionally.