Image Map

Monday, December 22, 2014

Don't Lose Your Christmas Joy


There are only 3, yes THREE days to go! There are only 72 hours before it's showtime. But is it suppose to be "showtime." Are the cookies, our house, the food, the wrapping and gifts suppose to be "a big show." Or is the point, to get out of the way so everyone around me sees Christ in Me. CONVICTION!

What do most of us feel three days out......it's spelled S. T. R. E. S. S. Is that what we want everyone to remember about the days leading up to Christmas every year? Let's be realistic. If this is my mode of operation this year, it will probably show it's ugly head every year. UNLESS I make a clear choice to choose joy each day in the Christmas season, that's the memory I am creating in my home. Everyone will remember a stressed out mom that is short tempered. The things I allow to stree me won't even register in my family's memory.

As I choose joy (which often means I humble myself and ask for help). It also means I might give up some perfectionism that is controlling my actions. Once I choose joy, those around me will be blessed by my work. When it comes from a heart of joy, I serve people rather than trying to "put on a Christmas show." This is where the real meaning of Christmas comes out. People get to see Christ in me rather that comes from the JOY!