Image Map

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Seasons of Life

We use the term seasons of life all the time.  I can remember when I was in the season of preschool children.  It was great.  I was a stay at home mom and that had been my dream.  There were days, though!  I missed adult interaction and the freedom to pick up and go somewhere whenever I wanted.  There was so much to do to get ready to go on an errand. Many times it just wasn’t worth the effort.

Over the years, I hope I’ve grown to accept my season of life better than I did in those early days.  I want to realize that God gives us experiences for a limited time and I need to embrace them because time floats away.  Soon I will be in a different season of life.

This is the first August in 20 years that I haven’t bought school supplies for one of my children.  My youngest child graduated from high school in May.  There will be no “first day” of school for us at Des Moines Christian School for the first time in these 20 years.

My life has changed.  There are new challenges and new opportunities.  My prayer is that I receive these changes with gratitude and anticipation for what’s next.  God has a plan and I’m thankful to know that.